6.3. Use of Energy Resources and Energy Conservation
Metering the consumption of fuel and energy resources is organised by the Company in accordance with the relevant standards, regulations and specifications in electric power engineering, heat and gas supply.
Fiscal metering of power consumption at Transneft subsidiaries is performed using the automated measuring and information system of energy monitoring and metering (AMIS EMM). Furthermore, the Company uses the data provided by the automated system of electric power technical metering (ASEPTM).
Key areas of improving the electrical energy metering system:
- creating a multilevel energy metering system with centralised data processing;
- ensuring that the electric power consumption data collected at each interval are as complete as possible;
- increasing the information transparency of the electric power market due to the formation of complete energy balances;
- calculating and analysing actual and acceptable electric power imbalance for electric plants of Transneft subsidiaries;
- creating automated systems and databases to monitor the dynamics of electric power consumption by months and years and its correspondence with the dynamics of oil and petroleum products turnover;
- reducing the level of commercial and technical energy losses due to their expedite detection and localising;
- accepting the metering devices of Transneft subsidiaries and including them in AMIS EMM while simultaneously retrofitting supply points with reference metering devices.
Transneft has developed and is implementing the Energy Saving and Energy Efficiency Enhancement Programme for 2019-2024 to save energy resources. Its targets are:
- reduced specific electricity consumption for oil and petroleum products transshipment, intake, discharge, loading and delivery (thousand kWh/million tkm);
- reduced consumption of energy resources (gas, thermal and electrical energy, fuels and lubricants) used for internal consumption and process needs when providing services related to oil and petroleum products transportation via trunk pipelines;
- availability of lighting fixtures with LEDs (%).
|Energy Resource||Unit of measurement||Transneft subsidiaries engaged in transportation||Transneft subsidiaries engaged in support services||NCSP Group|
|(Amount)||Including for oil transportation||(Amount)||(Amount)|
|Electricity (purchased) (taking into account the cost of power)||thousand kWh||15,388,757||15,154,338||57,721||59,423|
|RUB thousand (excluding VAT)||50,384,223||50,206,128||267,049||283,498|
|Thermal energy (purchased)||Gcal||154,768||146,527||28,244||1,200|
|Fuel for the Company’s own needs, including:||toe||317,044||308,426||19,747||37,283|
|Oil for heat generation||tonnes||69,390||67,054||0||0|
|Oil for electricity generation||tonnes||5,076||5,076||0||0|
|Natural gas for heat generation||thou m3||70,815||68,721||3,407||16,372|
|Natural gas for electricity generation||thou m3||0||0||0||4,201|
|Diesel fuel for heat generation||tonnes||2,350||2,206||34||0|
|Diesel fuel for power generation (at emergency DPPs)||tonnes||81||81||0||15|
|Motor fuel for motor transport and special-purpose vehicles||tonnes||77,868||76,286||11,026||9,286|
|Motor fuel (natural gas) for motor transport and special-purpose vehicles||thou m3||286||286||0||0|
|Volume of water purchased for own needs||thou m3||132,839||132,549||116||3,423|