4.2. The Transneft Strategy
The Transneft Strategy was approved by the Board of Directors of Transneft on 19 November 2014 (Minutes No. 23).
- application of equipment manufactured in Russia;
- application of state-of-the-art sectoral technologies that ensure a high level of reliability, as well as industrial and environmental safety;
- ensuring that revenues from oil and petroleum products transportation are sufficient to implement the programme for development, technical upgrading and revamping of trunk pipeline facilities.
The Strategy provides for:
- ensuring systematic development of the trunk pipeline system;
- ensuring reception and transportation of petroleum products from newly connected refineries;
- reducing accident rate at trunk pipelines;
- excluding discharge of insufficiently treated wastewater;
- keeping the sulfur contents in the crude oil pumped via the Transneft system within the limits set in the rational routing scheme;
- reducing expenses related to pipeline construction and operation; maintaining the optimum expenditure level;
- decreasing the purchase volumes of imported products
The next adjustment of the Strategy is planned in 2020.